The Networking and Engagement Core (NMC) will catalyze the development of artificial intelligence technologies in products, services, and decision support tools to improve and maintain the health of aging Americans. The role of the NMC is to support the AITC by establishing innovative research, education, and outreach networks beyond the institution’s boundaries and bringing in resources to build AITC programs more rapidly.
Director, Networking and Mentoring Core
Networking and Mentoring Core Core Leaders
- To expand the reach of the AITC by bringing together unique resources from industry, government, academia, and non-profit groups to advance science and mentor the next generation of technologists and clinicians who innovate for older Americans
- To launch a state-of-the-art online platform in which the best evidence on Al and aging science, clinical practice, and healthy aging, including those produced by the AITC, are efficiently disseminated to stakeholders
- To promote scientific interaction on Al and aging to support the field’s progress to the benefit of older adults
- To curate a portfolio of online materials that provide in-depth training on key aspects of Al and aging
- To develop a diverse and interdisciplinary group of pilot awardees, including those from underrepresented racial and ethnic groups and from disadvantaged backgrounds